A Digital Signature, which is equivalent of a stamped seal, validates the authenticity and integrity of a software file. It is a kind of added assurance and an evidence of the origin of a digitally downloaded file. The digital signature, which comes with the date-time stamp of signing, enjoys a legal status and significance in countries like the US. It uses public key algorithm and file encryption.
Easy File Renamer software is digitally signed. Here are the benefits:
- Secure distribution of code over the Internet
- Increased level of trust between the software vendor and customers
- International recognition
- Assures that the file was not unauthorizedly changed and does not contain malicious code, virus
To validate authenticity and origin of downloaded Easy File Renamer setup, follow the instructions given below:
- Right click Easy File Renamer setup executable file, select Properties.
- Click the Digital Signatures tab.
- Select name of the signer from the Signature List box, click Details.
- Name, email of the signer along with other information, such as, timing of signing of the file, issuer and detailed technical information will be displayed in General and Advanced tabs respectively.
- To show the certificate, click View Certificate button under the General tab.